Livestream!~

Watch live streaming video from inkusoonkyu at livestream.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Dream I Wasn't Ready to Give Up

Bobtails!~ started over a year ago, one cold January morning when I realized that I would need a helping hand on my income. I had been a furry modder for only a year at that point, learning from what "friends" taught me and playing off old texture modding tricks I had learned while making .dat mods for Final Fantasy XI.  When I opened Bobtails!~ I had only planned to sell a few felis head textures and some eye makeup for them.  I never in my life thought that Bobtails!~ would have grown into the fan base it now carries in Second Life. I had never planned on the events we threw, or to even start making skins for that matter. It was only through the encouragement of my Customers and friends that Bobtails!~ grew to the size it did.

So now I'm ready to call it quits?  It just doesn't feel right to leave all of my customers with nothing when you've all done so much for me. So I've spent the last month re-cooperating, finding my creative edge, and figuring out what it would take to start all over again. The good news? Its possible.  The better news?  I'm doing it.  I've spent the last two weeks collaborating with a new store, Lemon Pucker, and through the help of my good friend Sei Minuet (Owner of Lemon Pucker), a completely original, new version of Bobtails!~ will be released.  Recently we have been working on a joint store location which will be open to the public soon. The joint store will contain products from Bobtails!~, {Lemon Pucker}, and some Neko/Furry accessories from Lemon Tea.  We will also be hosting an adult art gallery of pin up shots featuring the Bobtails!~ model, Ink, with {Lemon Pucker} toys.  If you would like to help Bobtails!~ get back on it's feet, please, purchase some art out of the gallery or send a donation to Jeauno Wind.

The following is a work schedule and time frame for new releases.  Please be aware that it is not set in stone, but rather a guideline for how I would like to see things finished and released.

  • Store Opening: August 2012
  • Galaxian Chinchilla Release: August 2012
  • New Chinchilla/Felis/Ringtail Eyes: August-September 2012
  • Next Holiday Release: October 2012
The new Bobtails Store: Opening August 2012

Sample "Ink in the Pink" from the {Lemon Pucker} Art Gallery


Please be aware that all products released after the date of this blog will be new. None of the old textures will be revised and none of their pieces will be used.  All textures are hand crafted and new made by either Jeauno Wind or Sei Minuet.

2 comments:

  1. Your back!!! I knew you wouldn't leave with questions and broken hearts. I am glad you push through and followed your dream. As now a modder I would have never do all the creations that I do now without first using the felis avi and your mod kits was the only thing that really made me pretty in my first days of secondlife! I wish you the best of luck and I will continue to do my part as a customer to help by donations and buying your products! ~~DyaDizix Aka Fangmoonlight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming back, I've been a fan of your designs for the last year and am glad to support ya once again. You do some amazing work and I'm loving the Art Gallery already.

    ReplyDelete